As a college student, most of the books that I have time to read are assigned schoolbooks. Consequently, I’m usually left with an ever-growing list on my phone at the end of the year of books I need to read. I came into this Christmas break with the following books on my list:
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Honoring the Self: Self-Esteem and Personal Transformation by Nathaniel Branden
- Managing the Nonprofit Organization by Peter Drucker
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organization by Marie Kondo
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
I’ve owned several of these books for quite some awhile but haven’t had the time to read them. I’m saving Infinite Jest for last because I know that its 1000 pages of tiny, thought provoking print will take the longest to read.
As I finish each book, I’ll be posting a review on this blog under the “Entertainment– Books” menu. If there are any other books that you think I should add to my list, I’d love to hear about them in the comments!
Thanks for reading!